Monday, January 09, 2006

age

i am old.

seriously, i am not, but i FEEL old.

i have just finished my first day back at the UNiversity of Utah, my original college. i have been away for 12 years. i took my time when i was there the first little while too. now, i am old. in a relative sort of way.

i sat down in a philosophy of existentialism class today, looked around, and realized that aside from the professor, i was the only one who could legally drink.

and that, my friends, makes you relatively old. which is to say, old, in a relative way.

or, to look at it another way, some of the students in that class where in kindergarden when i was teaching kindergarden.

at least it will be a few years before i am in classes with people young enough to be my own children.

...but not many.

No comments: